Nov 13, 2010

Poster Movie - Princess Mona Darkfeather aka Josephine Workman, 1914 War Bonnet Silent Movie Poster

Comment only to: robtnar@gmail.com, if you open this and the write message page appears and you ask a question or make a comment and when you press send, it does not work, just copy and paste my email address to your own email service


This antique movie poster is almost 100 years old. It depicts Princess Mona Darkfeather dressed in a War Bonnet which is totally incorrect, for she is a woman. Other than this, it is an amazing stone lithography by an artist we will never know his name.
The color are vibrant and have not faded, for it was folded away in a box for probably 80 years. The company that produced this amazing poster was a famous lithography company by the name of Richtney Lithograph Company located in New York City.
This film was produced by the C.B. Price Company whose offices were also in New York City. It was distribted by a subsidiary of the company Price Film Distribution Company.
I believe there is a copy of the this movie, but I have never seen it. If you google her name you will find many articles pertaining to this actress. It measures approximately 42 x 28 inches and is in need of restoration, evidence by the bleeding through of tape the was used to reinforce the fold lines. Even with this distraction the main feature of this poster has been preserved and is amazing. I had searched for many years for another poster depicting her as the star. I always wanted to see what other posters looked like since I had one. Then it dawned on me I should post it for others that were doing the same thing. In all probability this is the only known poster with her image and I am so glad I was able to save it from being thrown away. Hopefully some day far in the future our landfills become archaeological digs and much of our history that has been discarded will once again be discovered. My regret is that I will not be around in two or three hundred years when they start evacuating these sites in the ultimate dumpster diving (smile).

Comment only to: robtnar@gmail.com, if you open this and the write message page appears and you ask a question or make a comment and when you press send, it does not work, just copy and paste my email address to your own email service

No comments: